Past Regional Conferences
2014 Region One Conference
Our Keynote Speaker has been confirm as Dr. Vanessa Grubbs from UCSF. Dr. Vanessa Grubbs is a UCSF assistant professor and nephrologist based at San Francisco General Hospital. She completed her undergraduate and medical studies at Duke University before completing an internal medicine residency at the Alameda County Medical Center and a nephrology fellowship at UCSF. Dr. Grubbs also earned a Masters in Public Health from UC Berkeley in epidemiology.
- As part of our community service during the conference, Nichelle will be holding a free screening of the HBO documentary "The Weight of the Nation" on Friday evening at the Hilton Garden Inn. Click here for more information.
- Kaplan resources for the MCAT will be available. Our Workshops committee is dealing with the final details. We will also have mock interviews for pre-medical students, clinical workshops designed for medical students but available to all, and panels on dual degrees and the application process.
- There will be an opportunity to mingle with, network, and meet current SNMA members and other pre-medical students at a Saturday night social event in the city at Cosmic Bowling.
- There will be an exhibitor fair with confirmed attendance by PASS, Kaiser, Doctors in Training, OHSU, UC Davis, and UC San Diego.
- The first 50 conference attendees will receive free SNMA Region I gear and be eligible for a raffle for more goods at the end of the day (HBO documentary copy for one, Kaplan QBank hopefully as well).
- We will hold a SNMA membership drive at the conference! We will provide information on what it means to be a SNMA member and help people enroll in our online system.
Conference FeesStudent Regular Registration Exhibitor Regular